Mrs. Cox's Mission Statement
To instill confidence in my students' abilities by using engaging and exciting lessons that foster a love of learning.
- Provide student-centered instructional supports based on real-time data
- Create a personalized learning environment for all students during a designated intervention time
- Provide strategic instructional activities that are specific to the identified skill deficit area(s)
- Use technology to assess students in real time with formative and summative assessments
- Provide prescriptive feedback to students for self-monitoring to improve skill deficit area(s)
Welcome to my web site!
I am Denise Cox, Lamar School's Interventionist in
Reading/Language Arts and Mathematics. I will be
working with the faculty and use data to identify students in need of
small-group, skills-based, focused instruction. I will also be
working with small groups of students who have academic deficits.
In these small groups, I will provide personalized
instruction, set student goals, and conference with students as we
work together to reach these goals.
Here are a few ways parents can support what their child is doing in school:
- Make reading an everyday habit a home; Monitor and assist with homework assignments
- Communicate with your child's teacher; Share your child's successes
- Learn more about the curricula and interventions being used in your child's school
- Attend parent/teacher conferences and other school meeting about your child
I am a Cherokee working to be the best that I can be!
LAMAR SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT: The administration, faculty, and staff of Lamar School strive to meet the educational needs of all students enabling them to be responsible and productive citizens.
VISION STATEMENT: Learning is a process which is cultivated through the collaborative efforts of the school, home, and community.