English Language Arts
Reading/Language Arts Supply List
- loose leaf notebook paper (wide or college rule)
- (1) 3-ring binder (1 1/2 in.)
- (1) set of dividers (5 tabs)
- (1) pencil pouch
- (1) pack of No. 2 pencils or mechanicals pencils with lead refills
- (1) pack of colored ink pens
- (1) pack of multi colored highlighters
- (1) pack of Post-it notes
- (1) personal set of earphones (earbuds) - These will be labeled and left in the classroom, so they are not forgotten. Inexpensive earbuds will work great (ex. Dollar Tree. Walmart, etc.)!
*Students in 8th grade will use Chromebooks. They may prefer to bring a wireless mouse, this is totally optional.
Welcome, I hope you find this website helpful. Use the contact page if you have any questions, and I will get back to you soon.
Homework is rarely assigned, but I do ask...
students to read for 20 minutes each night. Our classroom has an excellent collection of books, and students also have access to our school library. This is a good way to unwind after a busy day, and to refrain from using technology before bed.
LAMAR SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
The administration, faculty, and staff of Lamar School strive to meet the educational needs of all students enabling them to be responsible and productive citizens.
Learning is a process which is cultivated through the collaborative efforts of the school, home, and community.
I am a Cherokee working to be the best I can be!