Tennessee and National Music Standards
- Singing, alone and with others, a varied repertoire of music
- Performing on instruments a varied repertoire of music
- Improvising melodies, variations and accompaniments
- Creating and arranging music within specified guidelines
- Reading and notating music
- Listening to, analyzing, and describing music
- Evaluating music and music performances
- Understanding relationships between music, the other arts, and disciplines outside the arts
- Understanding music in relation to history and culture
Music Notes - learn about music instruments, music history and music theory.
Dance Around the World with Quaver
This 28 minute video shares dances from around the world. It includes Argentina, India, and Appalachia. Can you join them in the dances?
Music Tech Teacher
Here are some fun games about instruments and music. You can even play the piano (on your computer). Enjoy!!
PBS Music Shop
Have fun playing some instruments and singing some songs!
Chrome Music Lab
Have fun making different sounds, rhythms, and melodies. Play some piano chords. Learn about sound waves by seeing them move.
Daily Motion's Peter and the Wolf video
Watch the wonderful story created by Prokofiev about a young boy named Peter and all his animal friends. Which part did you enjoy most? Which instrument was your favorite?
Present Woodstock site - Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
What happened to the historic Woodstock site? Find out here.
NY Philharmonic Kids Zone
Play some fun games and listen to great music performances!
Dallas Symphony Orchestra - Kid's Page
Come here to listen to different music pieces or different instruments by their families. There's also Activity pages that can guide you to build your own instruments. You can even join the DSO Kid's Club for music puzzles!