* IMPORTANT INFORMATION*
* Washington County Schools will remained closed the rest of the school year. Please continue to check each teacher's web page (including related arts) for daily assignments.
* Student work packets & school supply bags are available on the bus located in front of Central Office as well as outside of West View's main entrance.
* Students may borrow a chromebook in order to complete online assignments. Click here to see if you meet the requirements.
* Accessing School Closure Assignments *
* Please visit each teacher's web page (including related arts, follow your related arts schedule) daily to view assignments for the day.
* To access daily math assignments, click on "School Closure Assignments"
Degrees and Certifications:
Hello! My name is Kinsey Baines and I am so excited to be your child's math teacher this school year! I was adopted from China but have lived the majority of my life in Johnson City. I have a younger sister who is also adopted from China. I attended Milligan College where I was a cheerleader and earned my degree in Child and Youth Development with a minor in mathematics. This is my first year at West View! I taught 7th grade math as an interim at Happy Valley Middle School following graduation.
I met my husband, Ryne, while attending Milligan College. He is still currently a student at Milligan working towards becoming an Occupational Therapist. We got married June 2018 in his parents backyard in Hampton, TN. We have a Mini Australian Shepherd named Cash (after Johnny Cash :) ) who loves to be outdoors just as much as we do! We just recently adopted Smokie. I found Smokie as a stray outside of the school one morning, and I had to take him home with me! Smokie is an 11-year old Chow Chow mix and is deaf.
In my free time I enjoy reading suspense/mystery/thrillers, in particular, the Kinsey Millhone series! I also enjoy hiking and spending time out on the lake. My obsessions include anything from Bath and Body Works, Reese's, Dr. Enuf, and coffee. My favorite place to travel is the beach so I can lay in the sun all day with a book in my hand (and occasionally get in the ocean). We took Cash on his first beach trip this past summer and he absolutely loved it!
I am looking forward to a great school year and watching your child grow and learn!