Class of 2019
GRADUATION IS SET. May 18, 2019. 1:00 pm
GRADUATION PRACTICE is on Friday, May 17, 2019 at 1:00 pm
PROM is Saturday, May 11, 2019
PLEASE, visit and have your parents & guests who will be attending graduation look over our
Graduation page. PLEASE! Click here to go there: http://www.wcde.org/graduation.
Prom Tickets - Prices and Dates: Tickets will be sold in the commons area during 4th period on the following dates ONLY!!!!
- March 15 - $30.00 per ticket
- March 22 - $30.00 per ticket
- March 28 - $30.00 per ticket
- March 29 - $30.00 per ticket
- April 10 - $50.00 per ticket (Balfour delivery day)
- April 12 - $50.00 per ticket
- April 18 - $50.00 per ticket
- April 26 - $50.00 per ticket (CASH ONLY)
- May 3 - $75.00 per ticket (CASH ONLY)
- May 9 - $100.00 per ticket (CASH ONLY)
SENIORS: If you have not already purchased your cap & gown you need to do so soon. Balfour CANNOT get you a cap & gown if your order is not placed with them before February 28th, 2019. IF IT IS NOT ORDERED BY THEN YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN GRADUATION.
Some basic information concerning Senior Supply orders from Balfour:
There are 2 order forms. The most important one is the "AUTHENTIC SENIOR APPAREL ORDER FORM (ASA)". For a senior to participate in our graduation ceremony, they MUST obtain the following from the ASA form:
$39.20 - Cap, Gown, Tassel unit (item 10 on ASA Order Form)
$16.00 - Diploma Cover & or Diploma (item 11 on ASA Order Form)
$ 3.00 - Packaging and Handling
$ 5.53 - Sales Tax (9.5%)
$73.73 - Total Owed to Balfour (includes $10 Late Fee)
This is the minimum order for every senior. If you order anything else on the ASA Form, the Packaging and Handling fee increases to $6.00. Figure appropriate tax (9.5%).
REMEMBER: Since the seniors voted to go away from Brown/Gold cap & gowns, they will not be able to wear cap & gown from previous years. Everyone who participates MUST order the minimum package listed above.
Balfour charges a $10.00 LATE FEE to all orders placed after December 31, 2018. Because of the custom embroidery, there will be a date sometime in the spring where orders are no longer possible.
If you have any other questions with ordering supplies, please call Balfour (865-588-6210).
DCHS DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS
Knowledge Has The Power to Transform
Power School reports are down across the county and have been for a few days. We have not been able to run any attendance reports. As soon as we can, we will announce the $300 boy, $300 girl, and grade level cash winners. If it is after school is out, we will contact you via mail or phone. We will still do an attendance reward for those that have not missed, but it will be at the beginning of next year due to this technical glitch.
Softball tryouts will be on May 23 and 24 from 3:00-5:00 p.m.
Volleyball tryouts will be on June 10-12 from 1:00-4:00 p.m.
DRIVERS: Please be advised that the secondary gate to the school does not allow left turns leaving out of the parking lot. There is a sign posted that clearly shows no left turn. People are ignoring this and turning toward Jonesborough. This is a ticketable offense and you can and may be issued a driving citation by the SRO or Washington County Sheriff’s Department for ignoring the sign.
PROCEDURE FOR GOING HOME ON A DIFFERENT BUS OR GETTING OFF AT A DIFFERENT STOP:
Students who are riding a different bus than normal must bring a note to the office in the morning. The note may be written by the student or the parent; however, the office MUST receive a phone call from the parent to verify that their child is going home on a different bus, going home with another student, or getting off their bus at a different spot! The office will NOT call your parent to verify any notes. Office personnel will sign the note after the parent calls to verify. The student may then pick the note up before the end of the school day to present to the bus driver. If a parent does not call to verify, you will not be able to ride another bus or get off at a different spot!!!
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A COMPULSORY ATTENDANCE FORM FOR GETTING YOUR DRIVER'S PERMIT:
Student must pick up a form from the front desk to request a compulsory attendance form. The form should be filled out, signed by the parent, and returned to the office. There is usually a minimum of one day before the form can be completed by the office. It can be longer during especially busy times. The form that is needed by the DMV may be picked up in the front office. This form must then be taken to Central Office for signature by the Director of Schools. The form must be presented at the DMV before 30 days or it will expire and the process will have to be started over. DO NOT GET THIS FORM SIGNED BY THE CENTRAL OFFICE UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO GO TAKE YOUR PERMIT TEST!
REGULAR RECURRING CLUB MEETINGS:
- Students for Christ will meet every Monday at 7:15 a.m. in O-4.
- FCA meets every Tuesday morning at 7:15 a.m. in the LIBRARY.
- Beta Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7:15 a.m. in F-3.
- HOSA meets after school on Tuesdays in the Old Annex.
- TSA (Technology Student Association) will meet every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. in Mr. McAmis’ room/NA-6.
- FRC (First Robotics Competition) Rat Rod Robotics Team 5022 will meet every Tuesday at 3:30 in Mr. McAmis’ room/NA-6.
- Student Council meets every Wednesday @ 7:20 a.m. in the Library.
- Chess Club meets every other Wednesday from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in F-4.
- Creative Writing Club meets every other TUESDAY from 2:50-3:30 p.m. in N-2.
- Key Club meets every Thursday at 7:15 a.m. in the library.
- Spanish Honor Society will meet every other THURSDAY at 2:50 in O-5.
- Spanish Club will meet every other WEDNESDAY after school in O-5.
- Drama Club meets every other Thursday from in N-4, usually from 3:00-4:00.
- ARK Club (Acts of Random Kindness) will meet the 1st & 3rd Thursday 2:50-4 in O-1
Beta Club meets the first Tuesday of each month at 7:15 a.m. in the Library.
Next Meeting: November 6
Chess Club meets every other Wednesday from 3:00-4:00 p.m. in F-4.
Creative Writing Club meets every other Tuesday from 2:50-3:30 p.m. in N-2.
FCA meets every Tuesday morning at 7:15 a.m. in the top of the gym.
FRC (First Robotics Competition) Rat Rod Robotics Team 5022 will meet every Tuesday at 3:30 in Mr. McAmis’s room/NA-6.
HOSA meets Tuesdays in the Old Annex after school at 3pm.
Key Club meets every Thursday at 7:15 a.m. in N-1.
Spanish Honor Society will meet every other Wednesday at 7:15 a.m. in O-3.
Spanish Club will meet every other Tuesday after school in O-3.
Student Council meets every Wednesday @ 7:20 a.m. in the Library.
Students for Christ will meet every Monday at 7:15 a.m. in O-4.
TSA (Technology Student Association) will meet every Tuesday at 3:00 p.m. in Mr. McAmis’ room/NA-6.