Welcome to the Classroom of Mr. Ball
- D.L.P. Week 10 (on Chromebook) -Quiz Thursday (short week)
- Vocabulary-never-ending (on Chromebook)-Quiz (short week)
- Daily Diagrams (Nearpod)-2 or 3 days
- 1st Period English Renaissance History, Pastoral/Carpe Diem Poetry, Macbeth
- 2nd and 4th Essay writing reminders and Voting Age Essay*
- Mystery class- And Then There Were None
The 2nd and 4th-period classes are in slightly different places because I am teaching them slightly differently.
Daily Class Schedule 1st Semester
1st Period (7:45-9:05)- English IV
2nd Period (9:10-10:30)- English IV—Applied Communications
3rd Period (10:35-11:20)- English Survey-Mystery
4th Period (11:25-1:20)- English IV—Applied Communications
5th Period (1:25-2:45)- Planning
Degrees and Certifications:
Mr. Ed Ball
I am Mr. Ball, and I teach English IV and Creative Writing here at D.C.H.S. As indicated on my photo, I am a graduate from D.C.H.S. (Class of 1995). I am married to Amber, a fellow graduate from D.C.H.S. (Class of 1996). Together we have three amazing children, one at E.T.S.U., one here at D.C.H.S., and one at Jonesborough Middle School. I enjoy reading, writing, actively participating in church activities, fixing things, and exercise (especially running).
I am here in my thirteenth year teaching overall, twelfth at D.C.H.S. I enjoy teaching high school students and watching them grow and deepen their learning as they travel the journey of their time with me.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred). You may also call the school at (423) 753 -1150.