PSAT will be given at DBHS on Oct. 16th for students that have already registered. You can get more information about the test as well as take a practice test by clicking on this link.
The PSAT lets you:
• Get ready for the SAT
• Enter National Merit Scholarship Corporation competitions (11th graders only)
•Request information from colleges and universities
• Assess your critical reading, mathematical reasoning, and writing skills
*FAFSA FRENZY Days:
- SENIORS/PARENTS: We are offering TWO dates for you to get help with filling out your FAFSA. The dates are Tuesday, October 15th from 5:00-7:00pm and Thursday, October 17th from 11:00-6:00. We will have college financial reps here to help you with any questions that you may have. You will need to have the following documents:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: We recommend transferring your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Please bring a Apple device (laptop or ipad) if you have one.
We look forward to seeing you on one of these dates.
SENIORS TN PROMISE - CLASS OF 2020
- BY NOV 1, 2019 - APPLY to the Tennessee Promise Scholarship Program
- BY FEB 1, 2020 - Starting Oct 1, 2019, FILE the 2020-21 FAFSA using 2018 tax records.
- FALL/SPRING - Attend your meeting dates: Oct 18 @ 9:00am in the Little Theatre & MANDATORY March 10 @ 5:30 in the DBHS Cafeteria
- BETWEEN NOV 2, 2019 and BY JULY 1, 2020 - Complete and SUBMIT your first 8 hours of community service