PSAT will be given at DBHS on Oct. 16th. The test is $20 and registration will be in the Counseling Office Sept. 9th-13th. This test is available to 9th-11th grade.
The PSAT lets you:
• Get ready for the SAT
• Enter National Merit Scholarship Corporation competitions (11th graders only)
•Request information from colleges and universities
• Assess your critical reading, mathematical reasoning, and writing skills
*College App Week:
Next week, Sept. 16th - 20th, is College App Week and our Counseling Dept is hosting a few events:
MONDAY 9/16 during 3rd block ETSU Honors Program will be coming to meet with 11th and 12th grade students who are interested om attending ETSU and have scored or are expected to score 25 or higher on the ACT and have a GPA of 3.5 or higher, or for students interested in fine or performing arts who have a 22 or higher on the ACT ad at least a 2.75 GPA.
MONDAY 9/16 during 5th block UT Knoxville would like to meet with 11th and 12th grade students who are interested in attending UTK and have scored or are expected to do so at or above a 25 on the ACT and who have a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
WEDNESDAY 9/18 Counselors and College Admission Reps will be available ALL DAY in the library to help 12th grade students apply to colleges. The following have waived application fees:*ETSU has waived for 9/16-9/20.Use code:BUCGOLD1029*UT Martin for 9/17-9/19*Northease State and Walters State is free at all times.*King and Carson Newman are always free*Milligan College free with code FREEAPP*TCAT is always free
*FAFSA FRENZY Days:
- SENIORS/PARENTS: We are offering TWO dates for you to get help with filling out your FAFSA. The dates are Tuesday, October 15th from 5:00-7:00pm and Thursday, October 17th from 11:00-6:00. We will have college financial reps here to help you with any questions that you may have. Please log onto fafsa.ed.gov and get your FSA ID for yourself and your student before the event. You will EACH need one. This will help speed the process along. You will need to have the following documents:
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: We recommend transferring your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- An FSA ID to sign electronically.
We look forward to seeing you on one of these dates.
SENIORS TN PROMISE-CLASS OF 2019
- BY NOV 1, 2019 - APPLY to the Tennessee Promise Scholarship Program
- BY FEB 1, 2020 - Starting Oct 1, 2019, FILE the 2020-21 FAFSA using 2018 tax records.
- FALL/SPRING - Attend your meeting dates: Oct 18 @ 9:00am in the Little Theatre & MANDATORY March 10 @ 5:30 in the DBHS Cafeteria
- BETWEEN NOV 2, 2019 and BY JULY 1, 2020 - Complete and SUBMIT your first 8 hours of community service