Mr. Adkins’ Google Meets
8:00 am(US) +1 806-410-3760 PIN: 259 056 161#
10:00 am(US) +1 574-241-1001 PIN: 813 957 011#
12:30(US) +1 484-886-4081 PIN: 785 435 426#
1:30 pm(US) +1 929-324-9761 PIN: 722 729 328#
5th Grade Daily Schedule
- 8 am RTI (your teacher will inform you who you will go with)
- 8:50 am Related Arts
- 10:30 ELA
- 12:30 Math
- 1:30 Science/SS
Related Arts Schedule
About Coach Adkins
Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor's K-6 Phys. Ed. Endorsement K-12 Working on: Master's Curriculum & Instruction
Mr. Jacob Adkins
Hello! I have served as a teacher at South Central for going on 6 years now, spending the first three years in 4th grade, and the next three as the 5th/6th ELA teacher. I graduated ETSU in 2015 with a Bachelor's Degree in Interdisciplinary Studies K-6 Education, recieved an endorsement in Physical Education K-12 from Tusculum this past Spring, and am working towards a Master's Degree in Curriculum & Instruction from LMU. In addition to my teaching, I am also the pitching coach at David Crockett. I am married to my beautiful wife Brittany, who serves as a teacher at Lamar, and have a daughter named Ellen who was born in 2019.
When I am not in the classroom or on a ballfield, I enjoy life on the farm- we raise beef cattle, egg-laying hens, honey bees, about every fruit and veggie you can imagine, and hay and alfalfa. I love to read, follow my favorite sports teams, and a good cup of coffee.
2020-2021 Classroom Supplies List
First and foremost, I am unsure exactly what this year is going to look like. So in order to be prepare for the unknown, I want to make this list as simple as possible that can serve your student whether they are at home learning or in the classroom.
- TWO marble composition notebooks (one for grammar, one for notes about writing)
- ONE 3-ring binder (a place for students to store unfinished writing that they can add, delete, and create)
- ONE set headphone/earphone (to listen to video without bothering others, no matter the setting)
- PENCILS (as best as possible, we are trying not to share materials this year.)
- COLORED PENCILS
- LOOSE LEAF PAPER
- NON-DISTRACTING PENCIL CONTAINER (the fuzzy bears and Fortninte cases are cool, but they quickly turn into toys)
If you are able, we cannot have enough cleaning supplies for our classroom- Lysol wipes, hand sanitizer, etc.