Policies and Procedures
All quotes must be school-appropriate and will be sent to administration for approval. Failure to follow guidelines will result in the exclusion of your quote. We will not publish the following:
- Anything that is not commonly understandable (including abbreviations, creative spelling or acronyms). Anything that is a hidden reference.
- Specific references to other people.
- References to illegal substances/activities.
- Anything school - inappropriate or not in compliance with student rules.
- Quotes must be spell checked and accurate to the attributed source.
The DBHS Yearbook reserves the right to edit, censor or omit quotes without notice. If you aren’t sure whether or not your quote will pass this review or if you have a question, contact us before the due date.
The yearbook staff will sit in all four lunches Wednesday, September 4 to Friday, September 6. Students will need to login to their SCHOOL EMAIL and complete the google form. This form is accessible on the yearbook website also.
If approved, your senior quote will appear in the portrait section of the yearbook under your portrait.
Suggestions on selecting a good quote
It’s time for you to write your quote. You want to choose a memorable quote that reflects your personality and that will let your legacy live on forever. Here are some examples of good and bad senior quotes to help guide you in creating an amazing quote!
- I’m going to miss all of you.
- This was so much fun.
- Overused inspirational quotes
- This wasn't like High School Musical at all.
- Education is important, but big biceps are importanter.
- She turned her cant's into cans and her dreams into plans. - Kobi Yamada
- This is nothing but a hive, and I am the one and only queen bee.
- It takes strength to be gentle and kind. - Morrissey
- Not writing the quote exactly as it was written/spoken.
- Quotes with unintentionally bad grammar.
- Quotes clearly and obviously offensive.
Quote someone important to you: an author, person, movies, television, books, etc.
Make sure its school appropriate and represents your school well. Remember, DBHS is YOUR legacy.
If you have any questions please email us at
or drop my room 607 to see Mrs.Hale!