TN SCHOLARS INFORMATION
TN Scholars are high school students who have completed the TN Scholars Course of Study, a specific sequence of academic courses in math, science, language arts and social studies. Students must also have a good record of attendance and discipline along with 80 hours of community service.
Please click HERE for the Volunteer Hours Log form and for the Graduation Checklist.
• 4 English Courses
• 4 Mathematics Courses (Algebra I, Algebra 2, Geometry, and one higher level math).
Bridge math will not count toward Tennessee Scholars requirements!!!!!!
• 3 Laboratory Science Courses (Biology and Chemistry are required and one additional lab science,
Physics strongly preferred)
• 3 Social Studies (Must meet requirements of the Tennessee Diploma Project)
• Personal Finance as required by the State of Tennessee
• Must meet State requirements for health and / or physical education
• I Fine Arts
• 2 Foreign Language courses in the same language
Choose at least two credits from the following: (These courses can be a combination of two of the following or two in the same category). These additional courses cannot count toward other requirements for Tennessee Scholars.
Career Technical Education
Fine arts (Such as music, art, dance, drama, production, etc)
AP courses which are not already used for basic requirements
Dual credit / dual enrollment courses which are not already used for basic requirements
International Baccalaureate courses not used for basic requirements
Online not used for basic requirements
Workforce Development Skills Requirements
• 80 hours of Volunteer Service to the Community (See website for non- approved Volunteer hours).
• Maintain a “C” Average minimum in all Tennessee Scholars courses.
• 95% Attendance Required. (Cannot miss more than 36 total days in 4 years of high school)
• No out-of-school suspensions
For more information, please visit http://www.tennesseescholars.org/