Graduation Requirements and Elective Focus
Total Credits Required: 30 credits
Math: 4 Credits Including Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and a Fourth Higher Level Math
English: 4 Credits
Science: 3 Credits Including Biology, Chemistry or Physics, and a Third Lab Class (Ecology, Agriscience, AP, Geology, or Anatomy & Physiology)
Social Studies: 3 Credits Including World History & Geography, US History, and US Government
Physical Education: 2 Credits of Lifetime Wellness and PE/Dr Training or PE/Wt Lifting
Personal Finance/Economics: .5 Credits Each
Foreign Language: 2 Credits in the same language*-French I & II, or Spanish I & II
Fine Arts: 1 Credit chosen from Art History, Band, Chorus, Guitar, Film Studies, Music Appreciation, Piano, Theatre, or Visual Art
Elective Focus: 3 Credits in one area listed below
Electives for remainder credits
*Foreign Language may be waived w/parent permission for those students not going to a 4 year university. The additional 2 credits will be taken to enhance the elective focus to 5 credits instead of 3.
The Elective Focus (3 credits in one area) may be:
- CTE Programs - Agriculture, Business/Marketing, CAD, Carpentry, Cosmetology, Dietetics/Nutrition, Electricity, Health Science, Hospitality, HVAC, Info Technology, ROTC, Technology, or
- Academic - Math/Science (3 beyond required), Fine Arts, Humanities, or AP Classes
ACT: Students must take the ACT at least 1 time during High School.
Civics Assessment: Students will be given this test during their U.S. Government class. All students must take and complete this test before graduation.
End of Course Exams will be given in English I/II/III, Algebra I/II, Geometry, US History, and Biology. These exams count as a % of the student's grade.
Ready Graduates are awarded to students that meet one of the following criteria:
- earn a composite score of 21 or higher on the ACT or a 1060 or higher on the SAT; or
- complete four early postsecondary opportunities (EPSOs); or
- complete two EPSOs + earn an industry certification; or
- complete two EPSOs + earn a score of 31* on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Armed Forces Qualifying Test (AFQT); or
- complete two EPSOs + earn a WorkKeys National Career Readiness Certificate (level TBD)
Graduation with Honors Diplomas are awarded to students who meet ALL 4 ACT Benchmarks: English 18, Math 22, Reading 22, and Science 23.
Graduation With Distinction Diplomas are awarded to students with a 3.00 GPA & meet one of the following criteria:
- Earn a nationally recognized industry certification
- Participate in a Governor's School
- Score an ACT composite of 31 or higher,
- National Merit Finalist or Semi-Finalist
- Score 3 or higher on two AP Exams
- Earn 12 or more hours of Dual Enrollment College Credit
- Participate in an All-State Musical Organization