Why take AP Physics 1?
- Science majors, computer science majors, engineering majors, and premedical majors will have to take physics in college
- You will have a better rate of success in college physics if you take AP Physics 1
- Engineering is applied physics.
- Physics is the foundation science for all the sciences.
- 25% of the science knowledge required for the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is physics-based.
- High school AP physics 1 will make a significant factor in your ability to handle college-level physics material
- AP Physics 1 looks good for college recruitment
- Most colleges in the U.S. offer college credit, advanced placement, or both for qualifying AP Exam scores