State of TN Special Education Home (Home Page)
There are numerous other informative links on Tennessee's Special Education home page. The following links are particularly helpful:
- IDEA Notice of Procedural Safeguards (updated 2016)
- IDEA Notice of Procedural Safeguards (Spanish) (updated 2016)
- Academic Standards (Per subject and grade level)
- Federal Rules and Regulations /State Board of Education Rules and Regulations
- Special Education Legal Services (Home page)
- Educational Surrogate Training Manual
- Graduation Requirements
DYSLEXIA INFORMATION (scroll to bottom of page and click on “Resources” for manuals and guides)
STEP - Support and Training for Exceptional Parents
Johnson City DIDS Regional Office contact number is (423) 434-6530.
- All management team members and all teachers/ teacher's assistants/ coaches/ bus drivers must fill out the Class A Volunteer Form and complete the short Online Protective Behavior Training Course before they can compete in ANY Area 3 Special Olympic Event. All Unified Partners must also fill out the Unified Partners Release Form before they can compete.