Washington County Department of Education Foundation
“Quality Education Support for Tomorrow”
Overview and Purpose
QUEST strives to support enhanced education and learning excellence.
The mission of QUEST is to solicit, collect, receive, accumulate, administer and distribute funds to further the pursuit of excellence in education for the students, faculty and administration of the Washington County, Tennessee School System.
QUEST provides for programs and materials that are unavailable to Washington County students and teachers through current federal, state and local funding. QUEST looks for innovative ideas designed to enhance the entire Pre-K through Grade 12 curriculum from academics to career technical education. Types of projects and program supported by QUEST includes STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) initiatives, learning opportunities in music and the fine arts, cultural and historic programs, literacy support, interactive learning aids utilizing smart technology, software, and teacher and administrator professional development.
How the QUEST Program Works
Grant support is made available only to classrooms in Washington County Department of Education.
- Grant requests are made by completing a Grant Application form. Forms are available on the Washington County Department of Education on the link on the right or at www.wcde.org. Grant Applications are to be emailed as an attachment to Dr. Susan Kiernan at email@example.com. NO HARD COPIES ARE TO BE SUBMITTED.
- Only one grant application can be made per classroom each year.
- Grant award winners may reapply for a grant every year.
- Grants will range between $1000 and $5000. Number of grants awarded each year will depend upon available funding. In addition, there is GREAT NEWS from a local supporter of Washington County Schools. Comcast is sponsoring a separate grant for $10,000. This grant has directions on the application document, listed below.
- Applications are due by August 27, 2018 and award of grants will be made December 12, 2018.
- Approval of all grants will be at the full discretion of the QUEST Board.
- The Board asks that grant recipients provide the QUEST Board with an “End of Program/Project Report” that summarizes the uses of the grant monies and accomplishment of the program. Please include any pictures that might be used for promotional purposes. Grant award winners will be asked to sign a letter stating an understanding of the grant obligations.
- All materials, software, hardware, workbooks, etc. will remain the property of Washington County Department of Education.